question

rene-klose avatar image
rene-klose asked

Conection to Multiplus with MK3-USB not possibile

Hey Guys,

I can´t connect to my Multiplus 12/1200/50 I followed the instruction of the victron videoI found here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lH3mF2cVaY&t=6s I tried using both a mac and a win 10 laptop, both with the same result, that the Victron connect or VEConfig app won´t go beyond the point “fetching data from VE-Bus” and then times out. I double checked the drivers in windows and COM port 7 uses FTDI driveres I also tried the VE Config app with “auto detect port” and manualy selected both com3 and COM7” with the same result that it can´t connect. If I go to force connect it times out as well.

If I use a Color Control on the VE-Bus port the Multiplus is recognized but I can´t really change any setting or setup an ECC.

From the Color Control I see the following firmware details of the Multiplus.

Productcode:2662

Fimrware 416

Device Instanz: 257

VE.BUS Version: 2662416

MK2 Device MK3

MK2 version 1170207

Any help on how to properly connect would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for your support.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVictronConnectMK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jordifax avatar image
jordifax answered ·

Make sure you disable the firewall(s), I had problems with that.

Not sure if it will solve it but something to be aware of.

Good luck,

Jordi

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rene-klose avatar image rene-klose commented ·

the firewall does not apply to serial connection and since I don´t use vrm I don´t see how this would make any difference, anyway I tryed it and also with deavtivated firewall same situation, both on windows and mac,

0 Likes 0 ·
jordifax avatar image jordifax rene-klose commented ·

Sorry I can't be of more help... Sounds strange indeed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

try this and use your android phone or tablet .

purchase a cable that converts your phones charge point to a usb Female cable that the MK3 can plug into

install the latest Victron connect app to the phone or tablet

connect the mk3 to the phone and directly to your multiplus

open the victron connect app on the phone and you should see the multiplus then select it and go from there.

once you get a connection upgrade the firmware of the multiplus.

2 |3000