question

Michael Riley avatar image
Michael Riley asked

VRM connection of two power systems (12 & 24 Volt)

Hi all, could not find any info on this specifically. We have three (3) battery systems on our sailing catamaran. Engine start (actually 2 sets on a catamaran) 12 Volt crank AGM. 24 V LiPo Victron smart & legacy 12V AGM for some lighting and 12V only consumers (VHF radio, Fusion Amp, mast lighting, computer DC charging ports etc.). The 24V system is fully 'featured' and is connected to VRM by a VenusGX (using hotspots on mobile phone). This works extremely well and am happy. From the legacy side there is a BMV712 and 12/3000 Multi (SW ver 2609413) which I can monitor locally via Victron Connect to 712 but cannot see the Multi in any fashion. (We are a MAC house and no connection via serial port.

As I understand the doco if I try to send two system info via a single GX I will get erroneous info.

Can anyone advise how I can get the older 12/3000 Multi connecting to VRM? In the future if this dies then I will replace with a simpler 24/12 VDC converter for charging the 12V system but not for the moment. It was not thrown out when we upgraded to the 24/5000 Multi.

VRMVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers