question

trololirko avatar image
trololirko asked

Can't get remote switch to work with Multiplus 12/800/35

Hi all, unfortunately I couldn't find an answer to my specific question yet.

I'm trying to wire a simple 3 positions cam switch to the remote switch panel of my multiplus to turn in to on/off/charge only remotely, as my multi is under the bed in a campervan. I also have a BMS connected via the VE.BUS RJ45 connection.

My first concern is, that it seems to have no influence how my DIP settings are set. Am I right to assume that the DIP switch 1 should be set to ON, for the remote switch to work?

In my case, it doesn't matter how my DIP switch 1 is set, as the multi makes no difference in how it behaves if DIP 1 is set to either on or off.

For testing I tried to short the + terminal of the remote switch panel on the multiplus to either the ON terminal and the CH terminal with a cable. (I assume, that is what my cam switch does in the end?) Sadly this wont work as expected/stated on the multi.

Also, the manual states, that my switch should be connected the the Ground-terminal of the Multiplus. Where exactly should i connect the Ground-terminal to my switch? (I have a 3 position cam switch with 8 terminals, of which i only use 4.)

My switch: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07L8SJXGV/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_WcD6EbFW7AH2G

Your help would be very much appreciated... :)

Thanks in advance

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerswitch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
stevecounsell avatar image
stevecounsell answered ·

Not sure if this will answer your question BUT, if you have a BMS installed then you'll need the Victron remote switch control and connect that via ethernet to the BMS.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

trololirko avatar image trololirko commented ·

Is that for real? Do you mean the Digital Multi Control unit?

I do have a BMS connected (and also the corresponding assistant set up) but I dont want to pay roughly 150€ just for a "switch"... If that's really the way Victron designed the Multi I would be pretty disapointed...

0 Likes 0 ·
bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

After you change it to off I think you have to use dip8 to off/on to lock the change in? Been a while ....

1 comment
2 |3000

trololirko avatar image trololirko commented ·

Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply. It's DIP6, but I knew and did that already. Thanks anyway!

0 Likes 0 ·
zuzullo avatar image
zuzullo answered ·

Hi Trololirko, Have you manage to connect it yet?

I got some nice advice on this other post here : https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/57535/how-to-connect-an-external-3-position-switch-remot.html

2 |3000