question

pyro avatar image
pyro asked

VictronConnect-Remote (New Feature) not Connecting

Hi. I have a RPi running Venus OS temporarily since I can't get get Cerbo GX in stock just yet and would like to demo the system before I go to far. I cannot get the Victron Connect App to connect to the new VictronConnect-Configure feature they recentely released to fully control the devices remotely. It fails at 40% with error "MQTT-RPC Unable to connect to the RPC broker. Configuring the device is not possible. Error Code: 8"

-Venus/RPi connected to VRM and logging data every 15 min as expected

- Remote console is working as I can change *some* settings via the online portal

- VRM portal shows connection to Venus "Online" with green check mark

- Venus OS v2.54, 2-way VRM connection is enabled

- Using MPPT-->VE-direct cable --> USB converter --> RPi. Not 100% clear if this is supported

One of the big reasons I purchased this system is to remotely control a fridge connected to load of MPPT. I really need to know if this will work with Cerbo GX or if I'm dealing with some network issue which I am not sure how to debug

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi,

Using MPPT-->VE-direct cable --> USB converter --> RPi. Not 100% clear if this is supported

yes that is supported.

We’ll contact you by email.

Thanks, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pyro avatar image
pyro answered ·

Just thought I would follow up on this in case anyone finds this post. I did send diagnostics info to Victron as requested. However a day or two later the feature mysteriously started working. I did not change any settings, and it doesn't sound like Victron did either. So unclear what was wrong, Perhaps it was something with my older phone. I would have liked to try with a 2nd device if the issue persisted.

It's been running for 1-2 weeks with no issues.

2 |3000

Related Resources