question

ssoffgrid avatar image
ssoffgrid asked

Rename devices in VRM Portal

Hello,

Is it possible to rename default device names in the VRM portal? For example, I'd like to rename "Solar Charger [277]" to something like "MPPT North Array". Please advise. Thank you in advance.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi,

yes that is possible. Use the Custom name feature in the GX device: go to the solar charger in the device list, scroll to the bottom, and then go to Device. There is the custom name input box.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ssoffgrid avatar image ssoffgrid commented ·

Hello mvader,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm not using a Color Control GX device. I only have the new Cerbo GX. From within the VRM portal, the only option I see for devices is in the attached screenshot. Please advise. Thank you kindly.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ssoffgrid commented ·

Hi, no problem. Cerbo is better anyway!

to find what I was referring to, login to Remote Console. See manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
ssoffgrid avatar image ssoffgrid mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Will do. Thank you again.

0 Likes 0 ·
looknow12 avatar image looknow12 ssoffgrid commented ·

Same here. Funny, I renamed both solar controllers in the Victron Connect app (android) and it reflected the change on only one of them in VRM Online.

0 Likes 0 ·
silverfox avatar image silverfox commented ·
I also want to rename - and I'd like that to show up in my VRM dashboard. The name has only changed in my Device List, but not my Dashboard. How do I rename the boxes in VRM Dashboard?

Also - I'd like to rename "PV Inverter" but in Remote Console > PV Inverter on Output > Device there is no "Name" slot appearing as it does for the other devices. Is there another way to rename PV Inverter?
0 Likes 0 ·
pv-willi87 avatar image pv-willi87 silverfox commented ·

Same here ...

1669394244801.png

1669394314103.png

... but the dashboard is showing

1669394396346.png

configured an ET112 energy meter as role "PV Inverter" ... the ET112 is connected by an RS485-to-USB converter to the Cerbo GX ....
Any chances to change the name ?
Managed to obtain ssh access and tried browsing through the files ... no luck yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
1669394244801.png (27.0 KiB)
itlogic avatar image
itlogic answered ·

Moin!

Remote-Console - Device List - "auswählen" - Device - Name

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic