question

markau avatar image
markau asked

Venus GX + Remote Consol on LAN + Logo

We are using the Venus GX to display information about our system on local PC. The PC is connected via Wifi to the Venus GX IP address http://172.24.24.1/

Question is how do we change the Victron Logo in the remote console when connected via LAN? Or happy if we can delete the logo.

This can be done on the CGGX. But I cannot find out how to change the Venus GX logo.

We are only interested in showing the main page, sample below.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

CCGX Color ControlVenus GX - VGX
1547550911664.png (605.4 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Just out of interest, why would you want to remove that logo? Are you not using Victron equipment?

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Maybe it is too small for him and he wants to implement a bigger one?

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ markus ♦♦ commented ·

Or he maybe wants to have an own logo or writing, describing something to the "watchers".

E.g. position, or system name could make sense too.

0 Likes 0 ·
markau avatar image markau wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for your question. We are displaying our system at a tradeshow and do not wont to confuse the product branding.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

there is no official way to change that logo.

This site and objects are created somewhere in /opt/victronenergy/gui/qml

But you will have to search the code for it, on your own.

Maybe, if you found out where this logo is coded, you could post it here...

It's not in multi.qml, as far as I can see in a quick review.

Regards,

Markus

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markau avatar image markau commented ·

Hi Markus,

Can you please elaborate on /opt/victronenergy/gui/qml . I am a novice here. Is this the source files stored on the Venus GX? An elementary question, how do you view these files? And which is the best editor to use for modifying files? A screenshot would be most appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ markau commented ·

@MarkAU,

yes, the files in the folder mentioned, are the QML based code files, building the GUI and they are stored on your Venus device.

They are written in plain text and you can use a common text editor, to edit them.

I have to say, this is nothing officially supported by Victron in any way. But might bring you to the outcome you want.

I use Victron MPPT charge controllers for Hydro Power, so I had to customize some other logos there... ;o)

We will start a new space here, for community made software modifications. I will write a small introduction there, how to access and edit those files. Maybe this will help you.

Expect the new space appearing here, by end of the week. (estimated)

Regards,

Markus

0 Likes 0 ·
venushydro.jpg (15.0 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ markus ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry; and I don't want to spoil the fun here, but I have to say it since this sounds like a real commercial product - not end-user enthusiastic hobby project:

with any changes like that in place; you are not allowed to ask for any official support to Victron. Warranty & support are void; unless you restore official software first.

Also; if you do; we'll always first ask to update firmware. And, with things like that in place; updating firmware is not as easy anymore.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Oh yes, not to say this clearer. This is only hobby and funstuff!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi MarkAU,

Also on a Venus GX; you can change the logo with the same procedure. Not that its not that logo; but another one. Search in Google for blog victron custom logo, and I’m quite sure a blogpost will show up that has a screenshot showing what you can change.

2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Ok, so the logo in question is embedded here:

/opt/victronenergy/themes/ccgx/images/overview-inverter.png

I would edit the png image itself, not the .qml files for this.

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic