question

pegasus2009 avatar image
pegasus2009 asked

E3 error on Twin Multiplus configuration

Keep getting Error 3 on system when I use over 1000 watts on Line 2. I have shore power 240V AC 50 amp. Power runs through 2 Multiplus 3000 inverters. One for each leg of the 240V AC. Three x 300 amp hour Victron lithium batteries and 3 mppt solar chargers with 1200 watts of PV. The system runs great just on batteries with the inverters on for days at a time. UNTIL we try to cook on our induction cooktop and use a microwave at the same time. The cooktop is maximum 1500 watts. The microwave is maximum 1000 watts. Both are on line 2 of the AC which is the slave unit on the Multiplus setup. You can start both the cooktop going and the microwave. Usually about 3 to 5 minutes later the Error 3 comes on and kicks the inverters off. Switch off system for 2 or 3 minutes and start again. Same thing. After 3 to 5 minutes Error 3. Batteries are at a minimum 80%. CANvu is showing about 2400 watts AC on line 2 and 300 watts AC on line 1. All fuses are good. All wiring has been checked 10 times. No excess heating of the batteries. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also I can use the hot water heater or AC systems for short times. These are 240 volt and utilize both sides of the inverter AC output equally. Tested up to 2000 watts on each AC leg. I don't get the error then. Only if one side loads up.

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Pegasus2009

How exactly are the two inverters linked? and are they in multiphase or parallel?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic