question

dunnp avatar image
dunnp asked

VictronConnect Demo Library anomalies

This is more an observation than a questionโ€ฆ

I find the Demo Library in VC a very useful tool for selecting the right product for a project and understanding the capabilities and limitations that are not always so evident from reading the manuals or datasheets. It provides a virtual โ€˜test driveโ€™ of the product before committing to purchase it. Sometimes I even pre-configure a device in the demo library, save the file and just load it when I install the device. But mostly I use it to check or cross-check product features. For example, I want to use a programmable relay in an MPPT to do some switching based on certain conditions and need to understand what options I have. Doing a 'test drive' helps confirm I can do what's intended.

Thatโ€™s when I noticed some oddness in the Demo Libraryโ€ฆ

In the Solar Chargers section there are quite a lot of duplications and a couple of errors. Perhaps the duplications stem from the two versions (Tr and MC4) but they functionally identical as far as configuration is concerned and shouldn't be there.

In sequential order, the problems I noticed are:

ยท BlueSolar MPPT100/30 โ€“ listed twice

ยท BlueSolar MPPT100/50 โ€“ ditto

ยท BlueSolar MPPT150/35 โ€“ ditto

ยท SmartSolar MPPT150/100 โ€“ listed 3 times and last one incorrect*

ยท SmartSolar MPPT150/45 โ€“ listed twice and both incorrect*

ยท SmartSolar MPPT150/60 โ€“ ditto*

ยท SmartSolar MPPT150/70 โ€“ ditto*

ยท SmartSolar MPPT150/85 โ€“ listed 3 times and last one incorrect*

ยท SmartSolar MPPT250/100 โ€“ listed twice

ยท SmartSolar MPPT250/60 โ€“ ditto

ยท SmartSolar MPPT250/70 โ€“ ditto

ยท SmartSolar MPPT250/85 โ€“ ditto

ยท SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 150/100 โ€“ ditto

ยท SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 150/70 โ€“ ditto

ยท SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 150/85 โ€“ ditto

ยท SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/100 โ€“ ditto

ยท SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/70 โ€“ ditto

*These devices donโ€™t list the Relay in the Settings menu. Iโ€™m pretty sure they have the same relay as the 85A and 100A versions โ€“ unless the manuals and datasheets are wrong. (I've only used the 150/100 so not 100% positive about the /45, /60 and /70 models).

And in the Inverter/Charger (VE.Bus) section..

ยท MultiGrid 48/3000/35-50 โ€“ listed twice

ยท And the MultiPlus-II 24V version is not there (yet?)

There may be others but these are the ones I noticed.

I know it would be a big job keeping everything up to date but I think this tool should be treated as a 'source of truth' - ie accurate information - about product capabilities.

Cheers

Phil

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @dunnp ,

Thanks for reporting these, please continue reporting these inconsistencies as you see them.

I will pass a link to this post onto the developer.

The demo mode has become the fastest way to see which products are in the (large) range, so we want it to be reliable.

I appreciate the understanding and support of the continuous improvement process :)

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stephan Gerz avatar image Stephan Gerz commented ยท
Hello,

I am writing about a similar inconsistency regarding SmartSolar 150/60 and Streetlight function. I felt it would be better to add this here (as the link has been sent to a developer) than to open a new thread/issue.

The demo app does not show the full-fledged streetlight menu (as seen on SmartSolar 75/15), only the limited daylight detection within the relay submenu. The (german) manual however, describes the full steetlight menu for SmartSolar 150/60.

Which is correct? Manual or App Demo Library?

Background: I am looking forward to use this SmartSolar 150/60 on a boat with streetlight feature for the top light. I would need to use 4x100/15 instead of 1x150/60 if the 150/60 could not handle the full featured street light operation.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) โ™ฆโ™ฆ Stephan Gerz commented ยท
Thanks for reporting @Stephan Gerz, I will find out the truth and report back to you.
0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources