question

gnagflow avatar image
gnagflow asked

When two signal bms indicates low battery, multiplus starts charging with full power from grid in ess system, instead of only switching of the inverter

I have ESS with Multiplus 2, Solaredge inverter on AC-In. I use external bms for over and undercharge protection of cells. I use two signal bms setting on aux1 and temp input. All works, the bms opens the relay because of under voltage and the inverter switches off. Perfect, but the charger switches on by full power at this cell undervoltage alarm from the bms which is not intended. I don’t want to charge from the grid. At undervoltage only the inverter should be switched of.

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@gnagflow What are your batterylife and sustain settings? If the former is enabled,

• Recharge: ESS will recharge the battery to the minimum SOC limit if it drops more than 5% below the minimum configured SOC. Once the minimum SOC is reached the system once again switches to Discharge disabled.
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gnagflow avatar image gnagflow commented ·

Thx you my answer above

0 Likes 0 ·
gnagflow avatar image
gnagflow answered ·

Hi, thank you for your help. I don’t use the batterylife function it is disabled. Minimum SOC setting is 0%. In Winter I Switch it manually to 20-30%. I use the battery pack cells from 3.3V - 4V.

The sustain setting is at 45V, when my two signal bms tells the victron under voltage at cell (by manually disconnecting the relay) it can be at any voltage (tried it at >50V) and it charges at full power, even if it should only disable discharge!

Do you have any idea why this action?

Thx a lot

2 |3000