question

fs67 avatar image
fs67 asked

Phoenix Multiplus Error when disconnecting 220V appliance - Overload, Low Battery and Temp error

Hi,

On our boat we have a Phoenix Multiplus 12/1200/120 which used to work fine. Currently it goes frequently into an error condition when disconnecting a 220V appliance, with three leds switching on on the control unit:

Overload

low battery

temperature

I tried to diagnose the error as we are on vacation and need the 220 V for our cooking appliance. Initially I assumed it was due to low battery (even though our battery voltage remained stable and the battery monitor indicated 75% load approx.)

Charged our battery pack with the generator, waited for the Phoenix to cool down. Tested the inverter using a small water heater. Current draw 100 Amps at 12 Volts. Ripple measured at the battery peak 300 mv at start of the heater. A pretty constant 260 mv while the water heater was in operation. No errors recorded.

Once the waterheater stopped operating I could hear what sounded like a relay switching a couple of times in the Phoenix Multiplus. The ripple current came down to zero but peaked at about 50 mV and 100 mV while I the Phoenix unit made the switching sound. Subsequently the PHoenix went into the error condition (Overload + low bat + temp).

What surprises me is that the error is generated when the inverter switches off. I had seen it earlier when pulling the plug from an ipad charger for example.

Any advice on what could be the issue?

Thanks,

Frank

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
chicchis435 avatar image
chicchis435 answered ·

Didn’t you find the answer the this Frank? I am currently getting the same error lights and the inverter is switching off. Trying to diagnose it but can’t find any reference to what these leds signify

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.