question

jond avatar image
jond asked

Err 67 - BMS Connection lost - after firmware upgrade with PylonTech batteries.

- All Firmware Updated versions indicated below:

• Multiplus II 5kva v459
  • Smartsolar 150/60 MPPT VE.Direct v1.50
  • 3 x US3000 Pylontech Batteries
  • CCGX v2.53
  • 9 x 330w Modules

The BMS loses connection and stays in this error state. How do I solve this problem?

• I have updated the firmware on all devices
  • I have followed the Pylontech Victron guide

The only way my system differs from the guide I am using 3 x US3000 batteries instead of 4. Could this be the root of the problem? It doesn't seem so according to the Victron guide.

Error codes:

I installed this for a client and need to do the handover soon, can this problem be solved, how do I reset the alarm? Can this all be done remotely?

I did a manual reset on site and the sytem was running without errors for about 5 days and now the problem is back.

MPPT ControllersBMSPylontecherror
1.png (47.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Remote monitoring - read up and watch the videos in Victron professional on VRM and how to set it up. You can configure many aspects of the system remotely too. It can also provide information helping to identify the root causes. I suspect the battery maybe shuts down due to the high voltage alarm?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight answered ·

Hello @jond,

I think you have set up the system correctly. Based on this document you can calculate like this. PV-system with 9 x 330 Wp is ca. 3 kWp. Which needs based on the above document batteries with total 200Ah capacity. Three pieces USB3000 have a total usable capacity of 9.6 kWh / 50 V = 192 Ah. I think there is no need to claim about missing 8 Ah.

I setup shortly a similar system with 8 pcs. USB2000B and 6 kWp grid-based PV-system. In the very beginning I had "High voltage alarms", too. I am sure it was caused, because two units of USB2000 weren't 100% balanced to the same SOC values as the other 6 units. It needed several cycles of discharging and charging the battery bank, simply by running the ESS system until all pylons were balanced. I observed the LEDs on the pylons and could see that in the beginning of cycling that two units showed lower SOC level as the other six units. After several cycles (2,3 or 4 cycles were enough) all Pylons showed same SOC levels during charging and discharging and the high voltage alarms didn't show any more.

Perhaps you should check balance state of the three Pylons. In case they are not in parallel SOC state, you should try to discharge and charge the batteries bank until they are balanced and ignore mentally the alarms. But I don't have experience with an DC based PV system as yours. So this might be not helpfully for your system.

By the way. Yes, you can do all necessary actions and setup remotely. But watching Pylons LEDs can't be done by the VRM portal. For it you need a web cam or to be personal on site! ;-)

My first system works now without any claims and no problems for more than four weeks.

In case I can be helpful with facts based on my setup please feel free to ask. Wish you success and a soon perfectly working system.

DayAndNight

2 |3000