question

vicblue avatar image
vicblue asked

Victronconnect app update issue with bluesmart charger incorrect voltage

Since app update the charge voltage showing is wrong, before the update charge on normal was 14.4 and now it shows as 14.6 which is incorrect as i have tested with 2 multimeters and real charge is still 14.4. there seems to be an issue with the update. Looks like i will always have to have a multimeter handy as the app can’t be trusted !

should add that it’s IOS 13.5

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Vicblue, we checked ourselves, but could not reproduce the issue. What exact model and part number do you have?

And could you check the same when the battery is full, ie. no current and therefor no possibility for a voltage drop to be on the connection and cables and causing a difference?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vicblue avatar image
vicblue answered ·

It is a Blue Smart IP22 12/30 (1) charger, SN:HQ18126JJE1.

Looks like the problem could be the charger itself. With no battery connected to the charger using the Mode button I set It to Normal 14.4 then measured the voltage at the cables which showed 14.6, I then set it to High 14.7 and again the cable voltage measured 14.6, I then set it to LI-on and it measured 14.2 which is the correct voltage for li-on.

It appears then that the Normal and High settings are not charging correctly but the Li-on setting is correct.

I bought this charger in 2018 and up to now has always worked correctly, what is my next step ?

thanks

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Vicblue

What is the ambient temperature where the charger is?

What is the voltage reading in VictronConnect? is it the same as with a multi meter?

Can you try with a 'user defined' battery type, with temperature compensation to 0mV/C?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Likes 0 ·
vicblue avatar image vicblue Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Great work Daniel, yes it was temp comp that was showing the differences, my ignorance really for not being aware of it. Having turned off temp comp the readings of the Victronconnect app and the multimeter agree .

thanks for your insight and help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources