question

bradfordharley avatar image
bradfordharley asked

Smart Networking vs. GX control, BMV712 +2x mppt 100/50's

I am in the middle of expanding my system which started as dual smartsolar 100/50's to include a BMV712, GX product (pi in my case), and soon to be installed MultiPlus 12/3000. I am confused about coordinating the solar controllers and synchronizing charge. The manual for smart networking says to not use smart networking with a GX product, however when I look at the MPPT's under the GX display, they show as no for networking and do not appear to be controlled by the GX at all.... What is the recommended setup?
From the manual.."VE.Smart Networking is designed for small systems which do not have a GX device - such as a Color Control GX or Venus GX. In systems which have a GX device, do not use VE.Smart Networking - See FAQ 6. If for some reason, the same information is being received by the charger over BLE and VE.Can/VE.Direct, the information coming over BLE (through VE.Smart Networking) will be ignored. "
also, FAQ 6 no longer exists. Q5 is the last question....
I have read all the manuals, and can't find this specific bit of info on configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery Monitorgx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @bradfordharley, you are right: we need to revise that part in the manual.

I can’t give you a straight answer though; this is quite a complex topic and I need to discuss internally. Probably next week.

Matthijs / Victron

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oceanwolfe avatar image oceanwolfe commented ·

Where is the answer that was coming "next week"? I have this same question.

0 Likes 0 ·