question

sparkpoint-solar avatar image
sparkpoint-solar asked

Can't choose 48V Battery Voltage from VictronConnect remote access.

I have two SMART Solar MPPT 250/100s connected to a CCGX through VEDirect. I logged into the charger remotely through the VictronConnect app to change the current limit setting. In doing so I noticed that the Battery Voltage option was not showing 48V, it was showing blank. After clicking on the Battery Voltage options to explicitly choose 48V I noticed that 48V was no longer available as an option. I was forced to choose 12V or 24V. Obviously, neither of these are the correct voltage for my 48V VE.Can BMS Pylontech lithium battery bank. The installation location is far from me, has anyone else seen this issue before?! I have had to disable the charger for now which is obviously a problem that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

I noticed that on the previous screen in VictronConnect the ability to save or download settings is disabled.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

thanks for the report & sorry to hear you are having this issue @SparkPoint Solar. I have asked a colleague to look into this. Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sparkpoint-solar avatar image
sparkpoint-solar answered ·

This issue resolved itself about 1hr after the issue first presented itself (I received an email informing me of recovery from VRM). It appears most or all of the settings on that page were ignored because the chargers were under External Control. However I was forced to disable the charger when the event occured. Even though the charger was "disabled" after recovery it appeared to ignore that setting and started functioning under external control. When logging in from my mobile after it had recovered I received the following error about MQTT and RPC broker (see attached photo)

As far as I can remember, some or all of the settings on this page are only set as a fail-safe. However, changing settings on this page *can* interfere with "external control".

Does the setting the current limit setting actually do anything?

Or is this setting also ignored by "external control"?

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @SparkPoint Solar, the current limit works - also when the solar charger is externally controlled.

Good to hear it works again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @SparkPoint Solar

Please know that this bug (48 volt not selectable) is now solved in the latest update of Victron Connect:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta#v525_released_officially

2 |3000

Related Resources