question

andyrob avatar image
andyrob asked

Cerbo serial number not recognized?

Stepping through all troubleshooting, I am still unable to add new installation using the Cerbo GX. The entered VRM ID does not provide the administrator e-mail. The Cerbo is online, two-way, no errors, ports open.

After several tries with the same result I resorted to submitting a Victron Energy support ticket which now failed to recognize the serial number. Again this was repeated with the same result.

Pretty sure I'm not guilty of a typo.

Would Victron Energy like to crosscheck the validity of PN BPP900450100 with my SN and VRM ID by e-mail?

Thank you in advance

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @AndyRob

I'll need to update my Basic Training for the Cerbo GX, but you should be able to follow this along - 22:19 - Connecting to VRM

If you can tell me what is the VRM Portal ID, I will have a look from our end.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andyrob avatar image
andyrob answered ·

Update: @Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) responded providing access to the VRM portal where I now see my installation. It appears the (newly purchased) device access was previously administered by a UK installer Dan Barker ??? Johannes has my Cerbo GX PN, SN, and invoice for reference. Dan is is removed but still linked.

FYI @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager), I just renamed the VRM portal ID 02d708413273 to Andy_Test after reviewing your video. Thanks. You are welcome to review it, as of today it displays my system for much more discovery on my part.

Overnight I received a request for access from Mattjis, of course it is respectfully approved, but the link to accept was inactive this morning.

Consider this question as answered, I am suitably impressed with the support on my growing investment.

Cheers!

1 comment
2 |3000

Success!

If you are ready for more - There is a specific VRM training here too.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic