question

jonginolfi avatar image
jonginolfi asked

Victron 100/30 MPPT fuse keeps blowing.

I have a simple solar setup with a MPPT controller and Battery Monitor.

I am running Renogy 200w solar panels and a renogy 200amp hour battery. I have a sea life fuse box that runs LED lights and a dometic CFX 95 fridge.

My solar system will be running efficiently and all of a sudden my victron controller will blow the internal fuse. The first time I thought was a fluke but it just happened again.

During these times I have not done anything to my solar configurations because everything is running fine.

Has this happened to anyone? Can my battery monitor be doing this? I got the battery monitor not that long ago and looking back, both times it’s been after battery monitor install. Not sure how this could cause it but hopefully someone has had the same issue.

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Where exactly is the fuse located? Is it a circuit breaker? Can you provide a small diagram of your setup. Why do you think it is the MPPT at fault?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic