question

andrewl avatar image
andrewl asked

Where do I put the master switch for a battery to battery charger two battery system on a boat?

Hi everyone,

A simple question for those that know I suspect.

I'm trying to wire up a basic boat system, with a lithium house and a lead acid engine start battery. I have a Victron Orion TR Smart battery to battery charger and just want to know where the main battery isolator fits into this system. I realise both batteries must always be connected when the engine is running so that the charge has somewhere to go when the lithium battery reaches full charge. Can I continue using the traditionals 1/2/both swithch shown as per the schematic at the link below or do I need to have completely separate isolators. Can someone explain or even better draw on the schematic to complete the wiring diagram?

Many thanks for any assistance

Schematic:

https://bit.ly/35R1nbN

battery chargingLithium Batteryorion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
randy-putnam avatar image
randy-putnam answered ·

Why do you hear crickets when you ask questions like this on this forum? Here’s my set up. I’m using a single 1-2-All-Off switch between the FLA engine battery and the 2 Battle Born 100AH LFP house bank. I contacted Blue Sea for their advice on this.

1d324723-c0c6-4f51-89de-d65d1bceffb5.jpeg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.