question

larrysmith avatar image
larrysmith asked

VRM Remote console and two way communication are disabled, but still work

Venus GX 2.53, both Remote Console on VRM and Two way communication are enabled, but when using VRM (Device list- Gateway) it indicates they are disabled. Funny thing is I can still do Remote console from VRM and it works fine.

I probably would not of noticed this reporting discrepancy if my Victron Connect VRM tab (by the way this feature is really cool) had not suddenly stopped showing my devices after adding a new smartsolar 150-70 into my configuration (but this is another issue).

Quattro 12/5000 firmware 465 (VE.Bus)

Venus GX 2.53 (VE.Bus to Quattro)

BMV-712 Smart v4.04 (VE.Direct)

SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 v1.49 v2.23 v1.10 (VE.Direct)

SmartSolar MPPT 150/70 v1.46 v2.23 v1.10 (Bluetooth only)

Victron Connect v5.20

VRMremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
larrysmith avatar image
larrysmith answered ·

Today the VRM portal is displaying the correct information in regards to two way communication, remote console, etc. It has also started redisplaying the Remote VE Configure and the Firmware Update buttons.

I assume there may have been some server-side issues that have since been cleared.

Under Firmware update I was notified that my SmartSolar 150/70 could be updated to v1.49, but all morning while using Victron Connect (on my phone and on the PC) to work on my 150/70 it always indicated that the existing v1.46 was the up to date version. I noticed that discrepancy yesterday while browsing the profession site to double check firmware releases.

The one physical change I made yesterday was to connect the BMV712 with the USB-VE.Direct connector (a timely arrival) and attach my 150/70 to the freed up VE.Direct port.

Thanks for the cool product line...

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @LarrySmith

When using Victron Connect for updating ve.direct devices (like the MPPT), it uses the firmware files that are included with the program. Therefore newer versions of the firmware can only be included with an update of Victron Connect.

(note: you can also load newer firmware files into Victron Connect, but the easiest way is through VRM)

When updating through VRM the newest version of the ve.direct firmware is always available.

0 Likes 0 ·
larrysmith avatar image larrysmith Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, good to know it works in that manner..

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic