question

mino20 avatar image
mino20 asked

Internet connection problem in Colour Control

Hi,

I have enjoyd using Easysolar 3000 in my summer cottage. This off-grid installation has been connected to internet by using mobile phone’s usb hotspot - and this did worked well until MAY 2019.

So last spring -a year ago - usb internet connection stopped working and haven’t worked since. I’ve updated firmwire to latest version several times, tried different phones and connections, contacted national (Finnish) importer...

My understanding is that this connection problem is not due to mobile but instead of Easysolar. I’d love to have this fixed at last now when summer is about to start.

What should I do? Is there a chance that something has broken? Could I buy a and use wifi-dongle to connect wia wlan?

CCGX Color ControlEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @MINO20.

• Partno. BPP900100200 - Cerbo GX WiFi module simple (Nano USB), small, low cost.

• Partno. BPP900200300 - Asus USB-N14, slightly higher cost and also better reception than the Nano USB. Supported since software version 2.23.

WiFi modules that are no longer available, but still supported, are:

You may also be interested in the GX GSM

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/gx-gsm

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Careful with the WiFi dongles. Some third party ones work, but you are better off using the official victron one. Which is a lot more expensive sadly. But it works out cheaper than buying a few that don't work until you find one that does.
0 Likes 0 ·