question

blue-sails avatar image
blue-sails asked

Can a Skylla TG 48/50 charger synchronize with VE.CAN charge controllers?

Hello,

Can a Skylla TG 48/50 charger synchronize with VE.CAN charge controllers to provide a controlled charge to a common battery bank where several VE.CAN charge controllers are already charging?

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,

chargerVE.CanSkylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Sorry but no, these units will not synchronise charge states.

They will all work fairly nicely on the same DC bus via monitoring battery voltage though. Are you worried about a particular affect by not having them synchronised?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tango avatar image tango commented ยท

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Hello,
For my below mentioned "goal" of using the Generator as Backup should I run into an time of "not enough sun" as described here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/237143/buffering-the-battery-with-a-generator-3-phase-sys.html?childToView=237365#answer-237365

I would just like to see if there is a good way to set it up / control it.
Sadly there is no update on a 48V Skylla i so it seems to me a Manual setting via Dip switches to the Charge Current I want is the only way with a Skylla TG 48V/80 unit.

Otherwise a Single Phase Generator (on only one MP L1) will not work for charging. (Or am I mistaken?)

0 Likes 0 ยท

Hi @Tango,

It is possible to use a single phase generator as an AC input / Charge source to a 3 phase Victron system.

It requires changing the default setting of 'switch as group' to OFF when when configuring the system in VE.Bus System configurator;

cleanshot-2023-10-30-at-122623.jpg

1 Like 1 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic