question

svanderlaars avatar image
svanderlaars asked

Parrallel Multiplus/Grid security switch linked to master cutoff switch in Home distribution unit

Hello,

I've been scowering documentation and community's about this but could not find a scenario that fit's mine.

I'm planning on running a Multiplus or Multigrid unit in parallel with the mains, to function primarily as UPS for 1 specific load group, utilizing surplus DC from the solar inverter and AC from the mains to keep the battery's charged.

In The Netherlands, it is obligatory to have your Home distribution unit wired in such a way that the whole power system can be turned of in 1 action with 1 hand. usually, this is done by placing a master cutoff switch in the lower right corner, marked red, that turns of all power in the building in case of work, fire, or other emergencies.

I can use an auxiliary contact or magnetic contact linked to the Main cutout switch to trip the ESS Safety security switch assistant so that it shuts down the AC part of the unit.

Is this also possible using the Remote ON/OFF input on the unit itself? I rather not rely on software-based triggers in case of emergency if at all possible of course.

How have other people solved this issue? I know it is kind of contradicting wanting to run it as a UPS to make sure you have power in case of an outage, but at the same time being able to completely cut off power to all loads and disabling the Victron Multi...

Any thoughts or links to reference materials in this?

Multiplus-IICCGX Color Controlsystem designmultigrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers