question

peter-van-zwol avatar image
peter-van-zwol asked

Last update to VRM showing "in an hour"

lately the VRM portal shows as "last update" : "in an hour", where that used to be the actual last update f.e. 5 minutes ago, which is the info you would want to see to know if the site is up. The last update "in an hour" doesn't give any information, and technically isnt correct. can this be modified to the last actual update ? thanks

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Hi @Peter van Zwol

All the sites we monitor update every one to two minutes and unless there is an issue with networks. This one minute report interval can be set in the GX device. This setting is found under Device list - settings - vrm online portal sub menu, the log interval is default at 15 minutes. It can be set as low as 1 minute.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-van-zwol avatar image peter-van-zwol commented ·

Thanks Alexandra, we are aware of the logging interval. I see the information has changed to the last actual update. It must have been a network issue than, though especially during a network issue the actual last update is prefered over "in an hour". Anyway, problem solved, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
peter-van-zwol avatar image peter-van-zwol commented ·

dear Alexandra, comming back to your last response. The VRM just now shows as below, "in an hour" especially when this is a network issue, it is even more important to show the actual last update rather than "in an hour" which during a network issue isnt accurate nor correct. I hope this helps to improve

0 Likes 0 ·
1590312662648.png (31.3 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ peter-van-zwol commented ·

Dear @Peter van Zwol That is certainly interesting to see, on all the systems I oversee I just see a last updated time whether is a few minutes a go or a four hours ago or days ago. Maybe it is local network related? In any case it is not happening to everyone, so difficult to diagnose the exact cause.

Does page refreshing help? WE have fibre here so never really have an issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
1590865905490.png (8.3 KiB)
1590865955026.png (8.3 KiB)
1590866233355.png (5.8 KiB)
Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

Hi @Peter van Zwol,

What timezone are you in? What you are experiencing is probably a bug, and we’ll do our best to fix it for you

2 |3000

peter-van-zwol avatar image
peter-van-zwol answered ·

Thanks Teun,

we are in the Netherlands, but systems spread over Africa and South America, they all show the "in an hour" sometimes.

I hope this helps,

Peter

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic