question

soc avatar image
soc asked

I have an "OFF" Battery State

I am wondering what is the problem. Can there be any other solutions than bad connections and/or connectors?

VictronConnectbattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
tex260z avatar image
tex260z answered ·

I have noted the same thing since the firmware update, all seems to be working though.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Your PV voltage is too low. It needs to be at least 5V higher than the battery voltage to start charging.

Also check the fuses between the MPPT and the battery. One fuse is directly at the MPPT.

2 |3000

soc avatar image
soc answered ·

Thank you @Matthias Lange - Service Team Döbeln DE much for feedback.

I’ve checked the fuses and all seems in order. Through the day, it all works great. But once the sun is down, the voltage drops and the battery once again goes to OFF.

The VictronConnect is set to LiFePo preset.

Is there anything else I’m missing?

See attached.

Thanks in advance.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

This state doesn't mean that the battery is off, it means the charger of the MPPT is off.

0 Likes 0 ·
soc avatar image
soc answered ·

Another thing I just realized is that since battery goes to OFF at night, with no sun, then the next day it doesn’t appear on the VictronConnect app. This then requires me to make a restart to get it to connect.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

It is totally normal that the CHARGER goes to OFF at night because there is no sunlight to charge the batteries.

What do you mean by "restart"?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows