Multiplus 12/2000-80 FW ver. 469

BMV-712 FW ver. 4.03

SmartSolar Charger MPPT 100/30 FW ver. 1.47

BMV and MPPT are connected to Venus GX via VE.Direct

Multiplus connected to Venus via VE.Bus

DVCC enabled

Shared Temperature provided by Multiplus

Shared voltage and current provided by BMV

After a recent firmware update I'm now getting Error #68 Network misconfigured. Documentation on Error #68 says "charger detects multiple conflicting network sources, with the same priority, trying to send the same information to the charger. VE.Can and VE.Direct interfaces have both the same priority level, and BLE (using VE.Smart Networking) has a lower priority."

This appears to be in conflict, as I am using VE.Direct, which has a higher priority over BLE. I am not using VE.Can.

Disconnecting one or the other clears the error, but reduces functionality.

My working assumption on this setup is that SmartNetworking provides temp, voltage and current info to SmartSolar and SmartSolar uses VE.Direct to provide information back to Venus GX. Is this correct? Are they in conflict? If VE.Direct and BLE are at 2 different priorities, why am I getting Error #68?

Thanks.

Bluetootherror
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi @Mike_G

What does "reduces functionality" mean?

0 Likes 0 ·
mike-g avatar image mike-g JohnC ♦ commented ·

@JohnC, my understanding, which is admittedly incomplete, is that if I connect the MPPT with Bluetooth, DVCC can send current and voltage from the BMV to the MPPT. However, no data from the MPPT is sent to VRM through the Venus GX. If I connect the MPPT via VE.Connect, the MPPT will use temperature from the Multiplus and and send solar data through the Venus to VRM but I lose the voltage and current from the BMV. I invite others to correct me as needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ mike-g commented ·

@Mike_G

That's not my understanding, but I wouldn't be running two parallel data links and expecting to be able to concurrently select what I might consider to be the best features of both.

I'd pull the BLE link, and revisit the DVCC section of the manual (section 4, STS, SVS & SCS especially): https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start

No doubt I'm missing what your expectations really are, but the cause of your #68 issue is obviously the doubled-up data links.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

Do you have a smart network between your BMV and your mppt? If so, turn that off and only use DVCC. I got that error message when I had smart networking turned on AND DVCC turned on. You don't need smart networking between the bmv and the mppt as DVCC handles that with your GX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Mike_G

you have to choose ;)

Shared Temperature (and voltage) provided by Multiplus

or

Shared voltage and current provided by BMV

for lead-acid batteries, temperature is most important, so I'd choose that. also voltage reading at multiplus is usually good for MPPT's production.

if you don't want the error: disable DVCC

2 |3000

mike-g avatar image
mike-g answered ·

Sigh. The Multi is not ideally located to provide voltage, thus the BMV has to do the job. Is there a roadmap for better integration here?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Mike_G

No, a the solution could be to have temperature provided by a BMV 702 / 712.

0 Likes 0 ·
mike-g avatar image
mike-g answered ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff), do you mean a second BMV? I'm not sure if I'm intrigued or appalled.

2 comments
2 |3000

I'm saying connect a temperature sensor to your BMV (smart network), or use the Multi's values. (DVCC)

0 Likes 0 ·
mike-g avatar image mike-g Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

If I'm using the voltage and current on the BMV for start and house, I'm out of inputs for temperature. May have to rethink this.

0 Likes 0 ·
mike-g avatar image
mike-g answered ·

@nebulight, this was the path I took. Thank you. When I initially tried this, the solar controller couldn't be seen in the Venus' display, generating some confusion on my part. After a couple of connect/disconnect/reconnect efforts, the solar charger is showing up in the Venus. I added a temp sensor to the BMV and that is also working.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide