question

cwoody avatar image
cwoody asked

Feed in Excess Solar on small Van setup

I am in the planning stages of converting a Van to a camper, this is a hobby/toy and I understand what I'm doing maybe over the top.

I have a small amount of solar (160W) on the roof permanently, connected to a Blue Solar 75/15 MPPT which charges my batteries (currently 60Ah but looking to double it). I have a BMV 702 and both of these are connected to a Venus GX which has a permanent connection to the internet via 4G and not my home WiFi. I am looking to purchase a new style 1200VA Multi to provide 230ac when out and about and would connect it to the Venus GX.

Currently, most mornings my solar tops my batteries back up from what was consumed during the night to run the GX and internet. This is usually done by 10am and then the solar is sat there doing nothing...

If I was to leave my van plugged into my house via the multi "AC in", what else would I need to feed back the excess solar for the rest of the day? My house consumes a base of about 265 watts so I doubt I'll ever export anything to the grid, but just reduce how much I'm pulling from the grid. And how easy would it be to disable this, say I went to a campsite where I had mains hookup and didn't want to export anything to their system (for safety reasons)?

Is it bad to cycle my batteries on a daily basis, I take about 6% out over night, would I better letting the multi keep them at 100% all the time? The van gets used about twice a month for about three days at a time and I will use between 20% and 50% of my battery capacity in the evenings/nights during this period.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargersolarwiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers