question

johanneshovda avatar image
johanneshovda asked

VRM alarms contradicting each other?

For some reason, all the VRM alarms always arrive in pairs. One that flags the warning, and one that apparently immediately cancels it.

Example:

Problem: low battery

Recovery: low battery

However, I know that the problem is NOT recovered, since I have to manually plug in shore power to rectify it.

So why the constantly double (and contradicting) emails?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @johannes.hovda

This is probably because a load (the inverter?) shutdown due to low battery alarm, and the battery voltage came back up a bit to clear the alarm and go back to warning state.

Depending on what component sent the alarm ('bussen'?), changing settings in that device can change this behavior.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johanneshovda avatar image johanneshovda commented ·

I have a multiplus and a bmw-702.
Both are connected to a Venus GX in a converted touring bus ("bussen").
So perhaps they are both fighting?

have chosen the Bmw702 as the battery monitor in the VenusGx settings.

How should I configure the alarms to avoid this constant duplication?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ johanneshovda commented ·

'low battery on ve.bus system' seems to point to the / an inverter / Multi giving the alarm.

First thing: is there really a low battery? if so, you might want to prevent that from happening as that could severely limit the battery life expectancy.

Second: check settings in the inverter, the low battery warning level and shutdown (low battery alarm) level is configurable.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic