question

robert6569 avatar image
robert6569 asked

Programmable relay - AC input

Hi. I am trying to use the relay K2 to drive a contactor based on SOC. I would like the relay to also switch on based on any AC input but it isn't switching on when AC is available and the SOC is below 80%. It will only switch on when the battery has charged to 80%.

RelayAssistants
capture.jpg (25.4 KiB)
capture1.jpg (22.5 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·

I struggle with the AND and OR logic also.

Can you make 2 Assistants (1 switch on at AC, 1 switch on at SOC)

0 Likes 0 ·
robert6569 avatar image robert6569 harold commented ·

Hi Harold. I have tried that but the switch relay off assistant seems to take preference over the switch relay on. I put the switch relay on when any AC input is detected at the top of the list but still doesn't work.

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image harold robert6569 commented ·

Matbe it has to do with the order of the Assistants, I found the following:

Working with assistants works with the following rulws

- an ON condition always has priority over an OFF xondition

- multi criteria in the ON ( Or OFF ) list go by the OR principle

When multi assistant control te same output (such as a relay ) , the outcome of the lowest in the list will be the state of the relay

(So when controlling the relay open with one assistant of which the criteria fits. but close with anther were also criteria fit, it depends which is lowest in the list

0 Likes 0 ·
robert6569 avatar image robert6569 harold commented ·

Maybe that is my issue. I thought that it was top-down priority. I will try to reorder my assistants and see if that makes a difference. I would also like Victron to make AND/OR logic more straight forward and make the priority more clear.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Also have a look at the Generator Auto start Assistant. This may be easyer to use for SOC and has a lot of other options.

you could also still use the other assistants in order

I am referring to use this to turn the relay k2 off and on under SOC conditions.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VEConfigure Assistants manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic