question

gnagflow avatar image
gnagflow asked

how can multiplus 1 be used as charger in combination with a multiplus 2 as master and one gx?

I have a mp1 5000/48 and a mp2 5000/48, is it possible to run both in parallel on on battery, or at least to use the mp1 to increase the battery charging power?

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingcharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @gnagflow

It is not possible to parallel different model inverters and synchronise the AC outputs. for more information:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

It -is- possible to increase charging power with an extra inverter, or use the other unit with seperate AC output, but please make sure you know what you're doing to build a well working system. There are also other limitations (e.g. on the VE.bus if there is a GX device as well, or depending on the type of batteries, managed or not, etc. etc.)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gnagflow avatar image
gnagflow answered ·

Thank you for your quick answer! Are there any information sources how to configure the mp1 only as Charger with one gx. Reason is, I have about 5.5 kw pv power and can only charge about 3.5kw with the mp2 5000va into my 40kwh battery bank.

Thank you!

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @gnagflow

if connected to the output, you'll have to split up your solar power in order to adhere to the 1:1 rule.

0 Likes 0 ·
gnagflow avatar image gnagflow Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Daniel, I dont see a problem with the 1:1 rule. I only have an 5kW inverter with oversized panels and the 5000VA multiplus 2. Excess power is backfeeded to the grid. The question remains. How can I use another MP1 5000VA only as a charger to increase charging power up to 5kW?

thank you for your help!

0 Likes 0 ·
gnagflow avatar image
gnagflow answered ·

I use an external bms and control Charger/inverter with two signals.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic