question

anders avatar image
anders asked

Multiplus 12/1600/50 - VictronConnect - How to configure/change settings

Hello all

System on my boat: Multiplus 12/1600/50, Venus GX, BMV-712 smart, digital Multi Control, Orion DC-DC, 4 x Victron 90 amp LifePo4 batteries.

I would like to be able to control settings (not on/of/charger only) in the Multiplus, via VictronConnect, either via Smartphone or Ipad. Having to connect a PC or Mac via mk3-usb interface is cumbersome!

Would VE.BUS smart dongle be of help?

I have all the latest firmware as per today.

Thanks in advance.

Anders

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

ATM a Multi can not be configured via BT.
The VE.Bus Smart dongle can only read current settings, change the input current limit and switch the device on/off/charger-only/inverter-only.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You have a venus GX so connect to the VRM and use this (see screen shot) and downlod the multiplus setup and then change it and upload it

drawback you have to be on the internet and the venus MUST be connected to the net

1586960836441.png (23.0 KiB)
1586960900674.png (18.9 KiB)
1586960944132.png (21.5 KiB)
8 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

3. Two way communication must be enabled

;)

0 Likes 0 ·
valden avatar image valden Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Hello Matthais, Paul. I am trying to adjust settings of my Multiplus 12/3000/120-50, via my Cerbo GX and using the VRM app on my iPhone. VRM is working over the internet between these devices.
I have pressed the Download button shown in Paul's last attached photo; the Multi's configuration file appears to have been downloaded, though I can't find it in my iPhone's Files folder. Should it be there?

My question is, how do I actually access Remote VEConfigure, to use it to open the downloaded file and make changes? The instructions linked by Matthias say at para 3.4. 'do not 'open in VEConfigure' from your browser'. Is it opened in the iPhone VRM app? Or should I open a browser and access Remote VEConfigure? Or use the Victron Connect app?

Thanks for clues.

Edit an hour or so later: Is it actually possible to do the editing of the Multi's .rvsc file on an iPad or IPhone? I've succeeded in downloading an .rvsc file to my iPad. However, I'm getting the impression that while 'Remote VEConfigure' allows me to download and upload these files to the Multi, I actually need 'VEConfigure' to open and edit the file. Is this correct? Can VEConfigure be opened on iPad or iPhone? I thought that's what Paul was showing and Matthias was adding to. But now I'm not so sure. Please advise.

The point is, we really need to be able to configure Multis and other VEBus devices from iPads and iPhones.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 valden commented ·

You need a PC (with Windows) for VE Configure 3 software.

0 Likes 0 ·

Strange that you made that edit, after you already had my reply above.

0 Likes 0 ·
valden avatar image valden seb71 commented ·

Not so strange. :-) Your first reply was not showing. Didn't see it.
Are you saying VE Configure 3 only works on Windows personal computers? Can it work with Mac computers?

0 Likes 0 ·

On Mac you have to use a Windows Virtual machine.

0 Likes 0 ·
valden avatar image valden seb71 commented ·

Thanks for this. Do you know if the VE Configure 3 software can work with Windows XP?

0 Likes 0 ·

I don't know if it works under Windows XP.

I am using VE Configure 3 with Windows 10.

0 Likes 0 ·
anders avatar image
anders answered ·

Dear all

Thanks for replies.
summary: changing setting Will require a pc or Mac.
not possible via iPad or smartphone.
hmmm!

Cheers.
anders

2 |3000

Related Resources