question

sebastianlehmann avatar image
sebastianlehmann asked

Victron Inverter Phoenix 24 500 issue with frequency?

I have a phoenix 24 500 inverter connected to two Optima batteries and a Victron 24v battery charger.

This systems powers 100watts of LED lights and a 20w ceiling fan located in a room, the issue I have is sometimes the ceiling fan starts to make a strange noise (like a strong buzz), and the inverter is also buzzing.

This issue happens once or twice a day and I can last few minutes to more than half a hour. Sometimes I have to turn inverter off and turn it back on and noise is gone.

Any ideas what could cause this?

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Suspect you have a power saving mode AES turned on in the inverter and the Fans watts is just at the right setting to trigger it, so move the watts lower or turn the feature off

1586950525544.png (37.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sebastianlehmann answered ·

From the Victron App I can only access to this settings. And I have tried several cases like:

1- turn on all to see if buzzing disappears

2- turn fan off and back on and also change speeds

Nothing seems to help, only turning inverter off and back on.

2 |3000

sebastianlehmann answered ·

Just to finish this topic, I have found the reason of this behaviour. It seems like the Victron unit does not like a dimmeable light at the salon, when this light is not at maximum power and I dim it then instantly the buzzing starts.

Now that I Know I can share with you guys if you ever had this issue.

Regards

2 |3000