question

hanschristian avatar image
hanschristian asked

Smart Solar Mppt Control Display - RS232 adapter to ve.direct

Hi - I am looking for a solution that allows me to utilize 2 Ve.direct connections from my MPPT charging controller. Currently I am utilizing the existing Ve direct connection of my MPPT controller to feed the Victron Energy MPPT Control unit. In addition to that I would like to feed the GX Venus unit. Previous postings indicated that there is only ONE Ve.direct connection per MPPT unit. I have a MPPT 150/70 with an unused display interface. I believe (???) that this interface is a RS 232 port. Can this port together with an RS232 to Ve direct adapter be seen as a SECOND serial port and solve my problem? Any experience from the community?

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gyrex avatar image
gyrex answered ·

Since the MPPT charge controller only has one VE.Direct port that you can connect it to EITHER the Venus GX or the MPPT Control. I'd think it would be better to connect it to the Venus GX...

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1538/connect-smartsolar-mppt-10030-to-venus-gx-and-mppt.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hanschristian avatar image hanschristian commented ·

Hi gyrex, could you please comment on the technical challenges or opportunities of utilizing the MPPT's display interface as a second port? Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources