question

JohnC avatar image
JohnC asked

VictronConnect v5.20

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/04/06/victronconnect-v5-20-connect-configure-remotely/

Long mooted, long awaited, and now here ..wow..

Thank you Matthijs, Victron, developers, and beta-testers.

VictronConnect
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

Great feature. Mostly eliminates the need to break out the VE.direct USB cable.

It appears this only works if you have internet access because it's going through VRM.

Could this be enhanced to make devices available on the local side using the Venus device as a bridge?

Could this be expanded to include Inverter/chargers?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Just answering to take this off the unanswered list. Still cheering too.. :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

Agreed, this is a fantastic update! Thanks to the Victron team for all their hard work to solidify the their lead in the market and to prove time and time again why they are the best!

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks @JohnC and @nebulight,

Yes it’s a really cool feature and super happy that it is now out there and available for everyone to use.

1 comment
2 |3000

eric-heiberg avatar image eric-heiberg commented ·
Thank you Victron ! I have had a lot of trouble with connecting a bluetooth dongle to the mppt of my Easysolar 24/3000 via ve.direct: it didnt connect well in the socket and I bought a second dongle to try to solve the problem.....but it didnt work either. Because of this my mppt was "stuck" charging my battery bank to maximum level, which I want to avoid since the battery bank is recycled electrical car batteries (10 Kw of Lithium ion batteries from Mitsubishi Miev). Very happy to be able to adjust settings remotely from my mobile phone ! This way I can easily charge my batteries to 80 % during the spring/summer/early fall when there is plenty of sun and long days, and adjust it to 100% in the late fall when the days are short and there is less sun. Great work and thanks to the Victron team for the update :-D -Eric
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources