question

rspott avatar image
rspott asked

Phoenix Inverter 3k 120V and Quattro 5k 100A 230V on same VE.Bus?

I have the following:
-a Phoenix Inverter 3k 120V for my 120VAC/60Hz equipment
-a Quattro 5k 100A 230V for my 230VAC/50Hz equipment
-a Cerbo GX

The Quattro is now connected to my Cerbo providing excellent data regarding my power usage. I understand the DC usage reflects the power being consumed by the Phoenix inverter.

Can I connect the Phoenix inverter to the same VE.Bus for more insight into the AC loads or other data?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPhoenix InverterVE.Bus
cerbo.png (103.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @rspott

No you cannot connect different systems to one ve.bus network.

You can connect with an MK3-USB cable, but features are very limited (no insite in current etc. except when you browse to the device list and select the other Multi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rspott avatar image
rspott answered ·

Thanks for working on the weekend!

2 |3000

rspott avatar image
rspott answered ·

I am sorry to bring this back. When I plug the 120VAC inverter into the Cerbo via the MK3-USB cable I lose access to the 230VAC Quattro on the Cerbo visual display.

2 |3000