question

greg-1 avatar image
greg-1 asked

HEX Protocol Whitepaper v.10 - Remote control section not clear

I bought Victron MPPT 100/50, BMV 702, Lithium SuperPack 768Wh, and even Victron solar panels. All of it because of the great community support and the ability to read status & control those devices without using manufacturer software.

Unfortunately, VE.Direct HEX Protocol MPPT whitepaper rev. 10 (latest) is promising a feature that does not work: the Remote control registers section (p. 18 and p. 20) states that it is possible to upload battery voltage and temperature to a MPPT (from a BMV). Well, this morning in Darmstadt, Germany my MPPT was happily full-blown bulk-charging the Lithium while the battery temperature was 4deg C. According to Victron SuperPack specs this is below the authorized level. All this in spite of a Python script constantly uploading BMV battery voltage and temperature to the MPPT.

Question (supplication...): can the Remote control registers section in HEX MPPT whitepaper be further clarified regarding the Battery voltage & temperature sense commands, their expected response (currently I'm getting "1"), and whether it is necessary to modify the MPPT Network mode to make them work?

MPPT ControllersVE.DirectTemperature Sensortemperature compensation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic