question

shalombi avatar image
shalombi asked

Multiplus and Pylontech, Generator AC-IN charge current amperage ignoring BMS setting

Hello,

I have a multiplus 3000/48 and 2 pylontech US2000 batteries.

Everything works like a charm, all is configured properly.

The only thing I can't figure out is why it wont charge the batteries at full amperage from the generator.

By this I mean, when I turn on the generator on a cloudy day it charges the batteries at 25A instead of the 50A that are specs.

DVCC is on, everything is set according to the pylontech setup page. Temperature is above 18C, and when the generator is on and there is sun the charge will actually reach 50A as both MPTT and the generator produce 25A

But from the generator alone it will not charge above 25A, it's self limiting. The generator can do 7Kwh so that's not the issue either.

So is there a setting in the multiplus that limits the charging current and that is not being properly overwritten by the BMS?

In the charger tab I see the charge current is set to 25A, it can go up to a maximum of 35A but is that related? and why the 35A limit?

SOLVED:

The 3000/48/35 charges at a maximum of 35A.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGeneratorPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Your MultiPlus 48V/3000VA/35A have a maximum charge current of 35A.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.