question

daren-connor avatar image
daren-connor asked

SOC setting for absorption

If SOC % is usually not correct then why can't the setting for when bulk finishes be a voltage setting instead of a percentage setting? Is that possible victron?

battery chargingSOCvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Daren Connor, please specify what system component(s) you're referring to? If all your system components are programmed and connected properly, there's no particular reason why your SOC should be "usually not correct", so if you can give an overview of not only which component(s) you're immediately referring to but also what your entire system is composed of and how you have everything programmed and connected, that would enable us to offer advice as to where to make corrections.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daren-connor avatar image daren-connor commented ·

Hi Justin, my system has been working perfectly fgor over 5 years until in was advised by victron to update my firmware, which I did, but since then my SOC percentage is about 2 volts different to the actual voltage. It is a mess. All cabling is the same, all programming is the same but the damned system sits at 90% for 3 hours before it changes tomabsorption. I have asked just about everyone including Mattjis & nobody can provide me with an answer or why my system isn't working correctly since the update, nobody!

0 Likes 0 ·

It shows approximately 55v when it gets to 90% then sits there for 3+ hours before switching to absorption.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ daren-connor commented ·

@Daren Connor I still need WHAT components you're referring to. Random voltage readings -besides having very little to do with SOC to begin with (SOC is not determined by voltage)- don't do anyone any good in helping you troubleshoot your system.

Please list every component that your system is comprised of, as well as how it's connected, how it's programmed, and which FW version each component is running. Without that information, no one will be able to help you with anything because no one knows what your inquiry is in reference to.

0 Likes 0 ·
daren-connor avatar image daren-connor Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Firmware version 2624469

0 Likes 0 ·

The version that was running before the update was 2624209 & that was working fine.

0 Likes 0 ·

And the CCGX is running firmware version 2.51

0 Likes 0 ·

The system is 3 x 48/5000/70 multi's fed by a 15kw Fronius Symo. I have 18kw of panels with a 1350ah battery bank.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Daren Connor, please see the ESS Design FAQ -particularly Q7- in which it is specified that your system displayed charge mode (bulk, absorption, float) do not necessarily reflect the actual charge state of your system.

"While discharging, and connected to the grid, the state can still show a charge state, such as Bulk, Absorption or Float. Even though it is not charging. This is normal, nothing to worry about."

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic