question

Fra avatar image
Fra asked

How does the start assist on Cyrix ct? I have a problem

Englisch
hello, I purchased the cyrix ct 120A relay.
I already had a similar relay from another brand, not bidirectional but unidirectional.
I installed the Cyrix as shown in the diagram: 86 chassis, 30 start battery, 87 service battery, 85 start assist, on the positive service battery with switch.
But there is a problem: acting on the start assist, the cyrix should close for 30 seconds and then open.
instead it is always closed. and the only way to open it is to disconnect the negative contact 86.
Did it arrive defective or am I doing something wrong?

Italiano
buongiorno,ho acquistato il relè cyrix ct 120A.
Avevo gia un rele simile di altra marca, non bidirezionale ma monodirezionale.
L ho installato come da schema: 86 telaio, 30 start battery,87 service battery, 85 start assist sul positivo service battery con interruttore.
Ma c'è un problema: agendo sullo start assist, il cyrix dovrebbe chiudersi per 30 secondi e poi aprirsi.
invece  resta chiuso sempre. e l unico modo per aprirlo é staccare il contatto negativo 86.
Mi è arrivato difettoso oppure sbaglio qualcosa?
battery chargingCyrix Battery Combinerstarter battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
Hi @Francesco

What is the voltage of both batteries when the Cyrix connects?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fra avatar image
Fra answered ·

Hi,thanx for the answer. I got what you mean about the voltage, was it too high?anyway I tried the start assist at the lowest voltage of 12,7 on both batteries. After the 30seconds the cyrix wouldnt open anyway. May it be the engine battery really low, for the start assist to work properly?

Thanx again for your time and assisstance

2 |3000

Fra avatar image
Fra answered ·

Englisch

hello, you were right .... the start assist will close for 30 seconds. but to those 30 seconds the disconnection delay for that particular voltage in the moment must be added.
for example:
with 12.0 <V <12.2 the delay is 10 seconds, therefore the start assist lasts 40 seconds (10 + 30).
with 12.2 <V <12.4 the delay is 30 seconds, therefore the start assist lasts 60 seconds (30 + 30).
with 12.4 <V <12.8 the delay is 3 minutes, therefore the start assist lasts 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
Victronenergy should write this in detail in the datasheet.
Thanks for the tip.

Italiano
ciao, avevi ragione....lo start assist chiude per 30 secondi. ma a quei 30 secondi va aggiunto il ritardo di disconnessione per quella particolare tensione nel momento.
per esempio:
con 12.0<V<12.2 il ritardo é 10 secondi, quindi lo start assist dura 40 secondi (10+30).
con 12.2<V<12.4 il ritardo é 30 secondi, quindi lo start assist dura 60 secondi(30+30).
con 12.4<V<12.8 il ritardo è di 3 minuti, quindi lo start assist dura 3 minuti e 30 secondi.
Victronenergy dovrebbe scrivere questo dettagliatamente nel datasheet.
Grazie del suggerimento.
2 |3000

Related Resources

Product page Cyrix Battery Combiner

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic