question

easyazz avatar image
easyazz asked

Multiplus II and Fronius

I’m looking at installing a new solar system with a 5kw Fronius Inverter with 6.4-6.6kw of solar panels on the AC output of a Multiplus II 5000 with Zenaji Aeon Battery which I thought was a great setup but I’d love some input as my installer has suggested placing the PV on the input to prevent overload of the Multiplus which he says has been an issue in the past,

Anything is on the table at this point, so give me all the good advice on what to do.

Multiplus-IIFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
petajoule avatar image
petajoule answered ·

Well, 5kW Fronius, 5kVA Multi - it's quite borderline for the 1:1 rule, so I understand your installer's concerns.

If you go with the Fronius to ACI-In, then what you lose - of course - is the ability to maintain the Fronius working in case of a grid outage. Would be a k.o. criterion for me.

If anything is on the table (and or nothing yet bought), I would go for a smaller Fronius, say just 3kW and attach 4kWp panels to it and use the other 2.4 - 2.6kWp panels on a MPPT which would be directly connected to the DC subsystem.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.