question

ericbjr1 avatar image
ericbjr1 asked

Lifepo4 house bank and AGM starter with 12/3000 multiplus

I have created 2-12.8v 300 ah LiFePo4 batteries to be wired in parallel to the Multiplus on my sailboat. I have an AGM starter battery. If I setup the charging for my LiFePo4, the float is higher than I want for the starter battery. (14.3 absorption and 13.6 float). I would like to charge the starter battery with the Multiplus. What voltages does the Multiplus use on the trickle charge output? Is it even possible to properly maintain an AGM starter battery, when the charging profile is setup for LiFePo4?

battery chargingLithium Batterystarter battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @ericbjr1, the Multi will trickle charge at ~4A and a slightly lower output voltage (so expect @13.0-13.4v) for the exact purpose of maintaining your starter battery; this voltage (particularly at the very low current) will be appropriate for 98% of all Pb batteries, including your AGM.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic