question

laurenceh avatar image
laurenceh asked

Why can't I see the DC System display sometimes in 2.51 - Venus Rpi?

The display of the DC power box in the main overview display is dependent on the previous use of demo modes. Have I done something wrong?

I had a previous install on my Rpi and I know I had a DC system display like this.

I made a new 2.42 image on an SD card and inserted it - this updated to 2.51 before I could switch off the auto update - this backed up the 2.42 as the spare OS on the SD card. I could not get the DX power box to display - then I found that it was highly dependent on what I had done previously.

In summary "The DC power box will not display in the overview screen in the Demo mode 1 or in normal mode if the last demo mode was demo mode 1."

Steps to reproduce.

In 2.51 and in 2.42 I see the following confusing behaviour behaviour:

Enable demo mode 1 in settings>General

Disable demo mode 1 in settings> general

Try to enable DC system in Settings > system setup

(Nothing appears in the overview screen)

Enable demo mode 2 in settings>General

(The DC system box now appears in the overview)

Enable and disable DC system has the correct behaviour in the overview)

Disable demo mode in Settings>General

Enable and disable DC system now behaves correctly.

Enable demo mode 1 in Setting> General

DC Power box will not display in the demo mode or in normal mode until demo mode 2 is enabled once more.

At the same time I would note that the display on AC input 1 (which I want to set to "Shore Power") is intermittent - and shows as blank, not available or Shore at different point in this test cycle but I have not fully categorised it for this question.

Venus OSdc system
img-8941.jpg (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic