question

leftishut avatar image
leftishut asked

Where/how do I connect the Ve.Bus Smart dongle to the 24/1200 Phoenix inverter?

I am finally installing my solar setup. I am running 2 inverters. One 24/3000/70-50/120v multiplus for heavy loads kitchen and tools. Also a Phoenix inverter ve.dirrect 24/1200 for security cameras, minisplit and laptops.

On victron a website it shows the Ve.Bus Smart dongle as options for both units so I bought 2.

Where/how do you make the rj45 connection on each unit?

(Side questions: the multiplus came with a tsense cable. Can I instal that to its ve.bus instead?

How many temperature sense cables would you run? I can buy more. I have the option from the Ve.bus x2, the bmv712smart and the 24/300.)

Thank you al very much.

VE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leftishut avatar image leftishut commented ·

This is dirrectly off victron site:

“The VE.Bus Smart dongle is two products in one:

First of all it is the bluetooth accessory for our range of inverter/chargers: Multis, MultiPlusses, MultiPlus-II, MultiGrid, MultiGrid-II, Quattros, and our series of Phoenix Inverters with a VE.Bus port. When installed, use the VictronConnect app to monitor operation and also operate the system: change the input current limit as well as switch between Off, On and Charger-only modes.”

I am so confused. I spent endless hours trying to pick out the correct components (taking few shortcuts, maxing out budget). And I ended up with the wrong products?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ leftishut commented ·

" (...) Phoenix Inverters with VE.Bus port (...) "

You have a Phoenix with VE.direct port.

0 Likes 0 ·
leftishut avatar image leftishut Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thank you! I read that many times before buying the Ve.Bus Smart dongles (It’s too late to return them, install didn’t start until after 30days). Victron really should be clearer on this! There site and many other sites that sell both inverters have the Ve.Bus Smart dongle come up as an option (that’s what made me choose to buy it).

Can I at least use it with the 24/3000 multiplus? (Hopefully the purchase was not a total waste)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic