question

gavin-andrews avatar image
gavin-andrews asked

EasySolar charger LEDs do not light up (off-grid set-up)

I have an EasySolar 48/5000/70-100 with CGX, BMV, lead acid battery bank and solar panels. It is an off-grid, residential installation.

The system functions and I can see the charger mode on the CGX or using VRM. However, in trying to better understand my installation, I was wondering why the charger status LED lights on the front (bulk/absorption/float) do not light up (never have). Also, I cannot switch off the charger using the on/off/charger only toggle switch on the front.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargeroffgridled
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Gavin Andrews All of the lights on the left of the inverter are to do with charging from Grid/Mains power. So on the Easy solar will light up if you feed in from Generator or Grid through the different stages of charging. But you can see all the info you need on the CCGX.

All the LEDs on the right are to do with inverter mode.

The toggle switch switches off the multiplus inverter section inside but not the solar charger. This is so your batteries can be maintained eve when it is not in use for periods of time. The solar charger is masked from view but usually there are lights showing float, bulk an absorption.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gavin-andrews avatar image gavin-andrews commented ·

Thanks for the clear clarification Alexandra!

0 Likes 0 ·