question

miroslav-katrencik avatar image
miroslav-katrencik asked

how do i find out the software version for my small, voltage converter 12V 250W

I did not find on the packaging of the voltage converter 12V 250w. device number according to which I would install update via vedirect. something is not working properly. it shows me a wrong calibrated error

I did not even find a number on the printed circuit board to orientate myself.

I have already updated it to the latest version 1.17 and then it went wrong.

how to continue?

thanks for advice

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Miroslav Katrencik,

there are some ways to see the firmware version.

1. Check the number written on the part- and serial number label on the back of the device.

2. Look with VictronConnect app: go to Settings and click on the 3 vertical dots. Then there's a button "Product Info". Press that and you'll get the actual firmware version installed.
3. Via a Color Control GX or any other GX device.
4. Via VRM

What exactly went wrong?

12 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miroslav-katrencik avatar image miroslav-katrencik commented ·

I had a weak flashlight and the voltage fluctuated and I tried to exercise .

via victronconect it is not possible

it happened to me the first time. and before the customer :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ miroslav-katrencik commented ·

A weak flashlight is not per se a bad think with Inverter, because of some high inrush current when connected first time to DC (to charge the capacitors). If it was only that, then you're probably good. If not, there's a good chance the device is faulty.

Still should be able to find the label to check for the firmware version.

0 Likes 0 ·
miroslav-katrencik avatar image miroslav-katrencik Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I have all version 1.17 but which is it?

0 Likes 0 ·
miroslav-katrencik avatar image miroslav-katrencik miroslav-katrencik commented ·

I have all versions 1.17 and which one is?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ miroslav-katrencik commented ·

VictronConnect will decide which of the files are the correct one for your unit. Just click on update and it should install the new firmware.

0 Likes 0 ·
miroslav-katrencik avatar image miroslav-katrencik Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

but it doesn't work. because it is already updated to 1.17. and if I want to update it throws me in file and waiting what I show. if it was that simple I got it. so I need the exact version of firmware 1.17 there are about 50 pieces - and when I tried the first 6 it refused me

0 Likes 0 ·

I see. In that case you should contact your Victron dealer, tell him the serial number of your device and then hopefully he will tell you which firmware file belongs to your Inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·

I just checked some of the files with an editor. According to the header this one should be your firmware: phoenix_inverter_A201_v01.17.dup

0 Likes 0 ·

I'll try, I'll write you as it turned out

1 Like 1 ·

does not work . the inverter rejects the firmware

0 Likes 0 ·

Sorry about that. Unfortunately there is nothing else I could do. Hopefully someone from the Victron guys chime in or you could ask your Victron dealer for further help.

0 Likes 0 ·

thank you just fine. I've written to them :)

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Miroslav, we'll contact you via email.

1 comment
2 |3000

miroslav-katrencik avatar image miroslav-katrencik commented ·

thank you already works, solved the correct update according to the version of the device

0 Likes 0 ·
miroslav-katrencik avatar image
miroslav-katrencik answered ·

The right product id for your device is A231. info suport victron

Could you try update it to v1.17 again using that file, and let me know the result?

Thank you,

thank you already works, solved the correct update according to the version of the device

2 |3000