question

thomaskjerulff avatar image
thomaskjerulff asked

BMS 12/200 will not turn on

OK, I hooked up my brand new right out of the box BMS 12/200 to my brand new right out of the boxes 150AH Victron smart lithium batteries, wired exactly as depicted and wired in the sequence indicated and I am only getting 12.3 volts on the AB side and only 12.7 volts on the LB side. No current to speak of, nothing runs. I took every thing apart thinking somehow the micro processor needed to be reset somehow and again hooked everything back up and no joy. Before I send this thing back and demand another I need to trouble shoot it and there is squat on that in the literature. Just this Victron community thing where a question may or may not be answered. I have a few unanswered questions out there still.

BMS
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Please supply a wiring diagram of how you have set this up and some pictures of the instalation,

0 Likes 0 ·
thomaskjerulff avatar image thomaskjerulff Paul B commented ·

Greetings

Thank you for taking a look at this. This application is on a 28ft sail boat.

As stated, the BMS will not turn on. This is extremely disconcerting as this can not happen at sea. Marine applications have some unique requirements for safety that a caravan would not. For instance, you must be able to start the engine with the house batteries alone. The system must be stand alone and not require the start battery to function. And it can not go brain dead at the drop of a hat.

1. I am assuming there is a protocol for "waking up" the BMS. There is scant information provided with the BMS for trouble shooting.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
img-1723.jpg (1.8 MiB)
img-1720.jpg (1.5 MiB)
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ thomaskjerulff commented ·

Hi @Thomaskjerulff

In both the picture and in the diagram, I'm missing the positive connection (B+) to the BMS.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
thomaskjerulff avatar image
thomaskjerulff answered ·

Wow aren't I stupid. That was the problem and it works great. Thank you!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.