question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

Is it Posable to only use a ET340 and a GX Colour control and a bmv712 (No Multiplus/Quattro)

Hi, I have a client who wants me to install a generator/Dc monitoring system without any Multiplus or Quattro in the mix etc, at this time. but one will be added latter (Stage two).

So can I install a ET340 and connect it via its RS485 to USB cable directly to the CCGX and then a BMV-712 to monitor the Victron battery chargers via the DC through the BMV shunt and ve direct connection back to the CCGX, and the incoming Generator voltages and power through the ET340.

Generator autostart will also be added based on battery voltage or SOC

We want to see the incoming Gewnerator voltages and power and yes the outgoing load on the CCGX will be the same as there is no inverter at this time,and some off the flow charts maybe incorrect as well, (we can live with that).

Then connect via the VRM via the internet to monitor the Generator system voltages including voltage sage and power usage using the vrm logging.

This is there stage one for monitoring the generator for the moment when its running

I am hopping that for the moment we can leave the inverter/charge out of the system.

So is the above possible.

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Paul B

That is possible, the only restriction is you will not see total consumption when configured as 'grid meter' or 'generator' on the dashboard.

in the VRM 'advanced' page you can see grid power.

A trick to get generator power on the CCGX screen: configure the ET340 as 'PV inverter'

When downloading VRM data, you -do- get total kWh btw.

PS. also consider the (to be supported in next GX firmware) ethernet connected EM24 meter:

Energy meter EM24 - 3 phase - max 65A/phase Ethernet REL200200100

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources