question

cintana avatar image
cintana asked

Isolation transformer 3600 output drop

My 3600 isolation transformer is showing 230 volts coming in but only 35 going out. It has worked for years successfully until just recently on my boat. It did go off while it was running the AC - which had been on for several hours. Anyone have any idea on what may be going on?

EasySolar All-in-Onevoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ยท

The 3600 Isolation transformer has a max current of around 16 amps, so there should be a breaker installed to trip if this is exceeded.

if you exceed this with no breaker then things will overheat and more than likley a internal relay contacts will fail., It also could have gone out on overload/overheat as well, from lack of cooling,

just some possible senerios.

Anyway if it does not come back on then you will need to take it to a service centre for checking

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cintana avatar image cintana commented ยท

thank you for answering Paul. Yes the first time it happened I just had to push the 16 amp breaker on the front of the 3600 and it all clicked back into action. Second time it happened it did not. In fact it did not even seem to make that clicking pop noise. It seemed soft without the clicking noise. Seems to be in though

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic