question

jaywolfe avatar image
jaywolfe asked

Ve bms connectivity limitations.

Hi..

Simple set up. 2 smart lithium and a quattro and ccgx bmv712.

Loads protected by a victron smart batt protect.

To be installed will be 2 no 30 amp 2v d.c.to dc smart chargers and eventually a victron mppt when I get solar.

I assumed via the online schematics my mppt will go through a Cyrix relay so the bms can disconnect the charge for protection.

As I understand it the bms is a small brain that gathers available information from the batteries an on this basis chooses what the relay states are. With a bit more reporting to the quattro.

My question is can I splice all 3 items into the bms charge disconnect of the bms ok ? Is there a limit of items it can control ?

If I cant do this what is the work about ?

Thanks

Jay

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @jaywolfe

Sorry for the slow reply, just read your post again and noticed that no one reacted.

Please read the maximum output current from the bms, especially 'charge enable'is not very strong, best to use an optocoupler on the output if you want to connect to multiple devices.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.