question

anvori avatar image
anvori asked

installation / connecting mppt device with app - how enter letters? Buchstabeneingabe?

The following problem: I bought a motor home from someone who had the smart solar 75/15 charge controller installed. I would now like to set up the app on my mobile phone (iphone), but I can simply not enter any letters on the display that is to be used to enter the pin or puk, only numbers! But I have to enter letters both when I want to enter the Puk or when I want to enter the password of the previous owner (the previous owner gave me his password). It is to despair.
Can anyone give me a hint? (Gladly also in German.)
VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @anvori,

unfortunately that is not possible. But what you can do is to reset the pin code.

Here is a document showing how that is done: VictronConnect Manual: 3.3 Bluetooth Smart - Resetting the PIN code

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anvori avatar image
anvori answered ·

Hi Stefanie, thanks for your answer.
I have already wanted to try this option. But I need to enter my PUK for the reset and my PUK also contains letters. So I can not enter my PUK!

victron connect manual:

"Smart Solar Charger

On the device list: Press and hold the product description for which you would like to reset the PIN code. A menu will pop up offering a 'Reset PIN code' option. Click that, and enter the PUK code. The PUK code can be found on the product label, on the back of the product."

2 |3000

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Ah ok. Sorry about that.

Then the only thing I can think of is to use copy and paste. Just tried that myself with the iPhone.
It goes like this: Write the pin into Notizen, then select and copy into dashboard. And then within VictronConnect simply paste it into the pin field by long touch.

2 |3000

anvori avatar image
anvori answered ·

That sounds like an excellent idea! I will try and report. Thanks for your help, Stefanie.

2 |3000

Related Resources