question

techsol avatar image
techsol asked

Blue Smart IP22 Charger - Combustion Generator on AC Input

Can I use Blue Smart IP22 Charger for example "Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12/15 (1)" with Genset as an AC Input? I need to charge totally discharged (Victron 60Ah Li-ion) batteries in off-grid installation in Africa.

Any suggestions if this battery charger cannot be used with Genset?

chargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

In general it should work, but I would suggest that you test it first as some generators have very bad sign waves and as such its hard to give you a firm yes.

However I have not seen one that does not work on a generator.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vovarpd avatar image
vovarpd answered ·

Same question from me.

I have multiple small generators.
Yamaha EF600
Yamaha EF1000
Honda EX650

I have a bad past experience with a cheaper Chinese charger. I charged the battery once from the generator. Then, a few weeks later, during charging from the grid the charger burnt without reason (the voltage was OK). Probably not related to the one-time charging from the generator, but want to make sure.

I guess the Victron Blue Smart 24/16 charger can work with generators. But how long and how safe (let's assume voltage is in an acceptable range)?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic