question

Christian Lindermann avatar image

VE.Smart Network Support on Blue Smart Charger

Hi. Will you add VE.Smart Network support on the IP22 Blue Smart Charger?

I own a BMV-712 with temperature probe and a MPPT solar charger which works really fine with VE.Smart Networking, so i think it would be really helpful to deliver the right battery voltage and temperature via Smart-Network also to the charger for temperature compensation and so on...

Thank you very much!

BMV Battery MonitorBlue Smart ChargerVE.Smart Network
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Christian, that’s still in the pipeline, and I don’t know yet if it will be possible to implement it on the existing hardware.

(The Bluetooth processor used now in the chargers has memory limitations, compared to the mppts).

When this changes over time, we will update the VESmart Networking Compatibility list. So always check that first for the latest information.

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ps: and yes I agree; would be great to have that! :-)

Christian Lindermann answered ·

Hi again ;-)

Over seven months gone, any news about VE.Smart Network Support for the blue smart charger? @mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

Thanks

Good mornig Matthijs,

ok, new hardware is not the problem, I´ve expectet that...however the timeline does not sound so good.

You say the si-option is already in certain models now? I only know the IP67 12/25 charger (BPC122514006) which has this option. Am I wrong?

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Christian; yes you can always try! ;o).

I do have news, but not good news I'm afraid: you'll need new hardware to have smart networking. And we have not even made the required change (larger microprocessor) in production yet. I don't have any idea on dates or stocklevels that need flushing; but its 6 months at least; perhaps longer.

What is a 12V+ sense out?

2 comments Share

12 sense output on a charger: when AC is present, a 12v signal (usually 100-500mA) is sent on a separate output, so the system knows AC is present.

I know the feature to be fairly standard on EV-type chargers, I use it to power my bms, bms wakes up and sends CAN command to charger. (electric boat propulsion systems)

I see it already; you are asking for the Starter interrupt option; which we have in certain models now.

No; there are no plans to add that to other models as well.

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

New year, new try ;-)

Any news about updated or new Smart-Charger series with Smart Network support and sense-out (si) option?

Thanks

Ok thanks, so I have to be patient..

P.S. if there is a hardware upgrade, please also add a +12V sense output to the charger! Would be really helpful for us motor-home owner with CBE charger/distribution-boxes :-)

Good Morning.

Thank you for this information.

So If I plan to buy the IP22 Charger, and really want this feature for the future, it would be a good idea to wait for this (maybe Hardware) upgrade?! Is it the same with the Blue Smart IP67 Charger?

Thanks!

4 comments Share

Yes, same for all IP22, IP65 and IP67 chargers.

Robsouto avatar image Robsouto mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ·

Hello @mvader is there any news of smart network compatability or a new upgraded model as above?

I would be interested to use one of these in a small setup with MPPT, BMV & Phoenix Inverter. Have a ccgx but not sure how that could integrate without Bluetooth or physical connection on charger.

My requirements changed after purchasing and we would like to avoid having to buy a separate multiplus and waste the inverter! Any suggestion or info would be useful

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob; VE.Smart will not help you in relation to a ccgx.

What it will bring to those chargers is the ability to synchronise multiple of them as well as have volt and temp sense.

No news for availability yet.

All the best, Matthijs

Christian Lindermann avatar image Christian Lindermann mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ·
...No news for availability yet.

These are really bad news :-( That sounded quiete different a while ago...

Greetings